Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Next Show - Prince Street Gallery, Chelsea, New York

Prince Street Gallery Notification 2821Earlier this year, I made a statement that I would have chance to show my work in Chelsea, the mecca of contemporary art in the US.

It was rather a boast and I am very glad and relieved to receive a notification from Prince Street Gallery, in Chelsea, New York City, that my "White Dress" would be included in their annual national juried exhibition, 12 - 30 July 2011.  The juror this year is William Bailey, who is represented in the collections of the Whitney Museum of American Art and the Museum of Modern Art and was elected to the National Academy of Design and the American Academy of Arts and Letters. 

The notification letter informed me that Mr. Bailey selected 64 pieces from 934 images out of 259 submissions.

Opening Reception: Saturday, July 16, 3 – 6.

Prince Street Gallery is located in Chelsea and originated in SoHo in 1970. The year 2010 marked the gallery’s 40th anniversary.

530 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10001
Gallery Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 11-6

My selected work "White Dress" was also shown in ViewPoint 2007, 39th Annual National Juried Art Competition, Cincinnati Art Club, Ohio, November 2007.

White Dress / 白色連衣裙 / Weißes Kleid
White Dress
Oil on Canvas
20" x 16"
Completed in 2005
© Matthew Felix Sun
www.matthewfelixsun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment