Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Up in the Air" and Milling about in the Airport

I just got off the long flight from Los Angeles to Seoul (Incheon to be more precise). It was a long flight. After a reasonably long and deep sleep, I had breakfast while watched movie "Up in the air". It was a rather brutal depiction of the life of an empty person. It was perfectly fitting to watch it on the plane. I didn't bother with earphone and watched the Chinese subtitle. Since I'm not a big fan of George Clooney, therefore I don't feel have missed anything.

Icheon International Airport is first rate, and it tried to be nice - there are exhibitions of artifacts of ancient Korea, paintings of old court life, etc. - nice diversions.

IMG_7650

IMG_7645

IMG_7647

IMG_7649

IMG_7644

Yet, it is still a sad place during the early hours. I landed around 6 am local time. It is 9 am now, and the place still had the subdue atmosphere as if all the oxygen has been sucked out of the enclosed structure.

If there is an purgatory, it must looks like an airport, a large one.

No comments:

Post a Comment