Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Schematic Painting Completed

Recently, while working on two large figure paintings, I have been painting quite a few smaller ones, either purely abstract or semi-abstract, schematic paintings, which I don't have true affinity but the challenge to beat was enough incentive to entice me to keep trying.

The one I completed today, was a vision came to me mind when I was about to fell into sleep one night.  I didn't need the quick sketch I jolted down that night as a guide, rather it was a reminder for me to work on the project.  The vision was a bit enigmatic and I choose not to offer my interpretation here, other than saying that it shows the contrast of two different elements - controlled and unconstrained:

Pink and Gray Landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment