Monday, February 20, 2012

Through Friendly Lens

My friends stayed in my studio/guest apartment/office for several days and I was extremely happy to have the opportunity to clean up my messy studio, whose cleaning up had been long over-due.

Though the floor had been cleared away, the clutter of my walls, "gallery" style à la Palazzo Pitti, Florence, Italy (not the richness, but the tightness), was not touched upon during the preparation for my friends' stay.

I worried a bit that my mostly moody and dark paintings might be too overwhelming and too suffocating, in the crazy tight formation but my friends were undaunted. 

Not only they weren't depressed by my gloomy works in a dark room, they managed to see light, peeping through the curtained windows and from behind the canvases right in front of the windows.  The photographs they took definitely threw new light on my works and it is very interesting thing to see them through that friendly lens:

Beatification

Day 41: The Watcher

The originals, without the special lighting treatment are as below:

Encounter / 遭遇 / Treffen
Encounter
Oil on Canvas
36" x 48"
Completed in 2001

Pierce / Durchsehen / 犀利
Pierce
Oil on Canvas
24" x 24"
Completed in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment