Next to the city Duomo, the Battistero (Baptistery) in Padova (Padua) contained amazing Fresco cycle by Giusto de Menabuoni, covering the circular wall and the dome. Brilliant colors and striking composition. Definitely my favorite.
My second favorite work there a Polittico (Polyptych), which presented Madonna con Bambino and other saints in a tiered structure, resembling a gilded palazzo, formal, regal, and impressive, especially the interplay of brilliant blue, red and gold colors.
My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 114: To be continued
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 112: My Favorite Paintings at Basilica di Sant'Antonio, Padova (Padua), Italy
List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Famed Palaces and Houses (Ca') in Venice
- Two Museums in Venice - Gallerie dell'Accademia & Collezione Peggy Guggenheim
- Magical Piazza San Marco in Venice
- Castello Estense, Palazzo Municipale and Duomo in Ferrara
- My Favorite Sculptures at Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Florence)
- Vasari Frescoes and Michelangeo Sculpture - My Favorite Works at Palazzo Vecchio, Firenze