Italian City Bologna itself is like an open museum, full of sculptures and monuments of distinction. I was quite impressed by several groups of sculptures around Legambiente Bologna & Emilia Romagna, an old city portal and the surrounding park.
The two mirroring bronze relief sculptures at the base of the gate impressed with their incredible beautiful lines and their economic way of presenting something deeply disturbing and touching.
Inside the park, there were some marble high reliefs and one of them was particularly striking due to its unbridled dynamism of the figures, in contrast to the classical composition and austere patterns of the sea shell backdrop.
My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 118: My Favorite Paintings at Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna, Italy
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 116: My Favorite Artworks at San Giacomo Maggiore, Bologna
List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- My Favorite Sculpture at Punta della Dogana
- Two Museums in Venice - Gallerie dell'Accademia & Collezione Peggy Guggenheim
- Magical Piazza San Marco in Venice
- Castello Estense, Palazzo Municipale and Duomo in Ferrara
- Vasari Frescoes and Michelangeo Sculpture - My Favorite Works at Palazzo Vecchio, Firenz
- My Favorite Sculptures at Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze, Italia
- My Favorite Sculpture and Painting at Church of Our Lady, Bruges
- Second Thoughts on the Sculpture "The Blind" by Lorado Taft
- My Favorite Sculptures at Museo Nazionale Romano, Roma