Thursday, March 7, 2013

2004-05 Recapitulations - Video Presentation of Paintings

My watershed year was 2003, when I started my Apocalypse Series of paintings and drawings, when  the US was poised to invade Iraq and I made several dark paintings such as "The Triumph of Saint George".

In 2004 and 2005, I continued my effort but 2004 was an obvious recovering year, from deep emotions and 2005 was the year I tried to function as a "normal" person, less disturbed and angry.  My works were less disturbing and less controversial, with more resigned sadness:



2004:
www.flickr.com
Matthew Felix Sun's Paintings Completed in 2004 by Matthew Felix Sun on Flickr photoset Matthew Felix Sun's Paintings Completed in 2004 by Matthew Felix Sun on Flickr photoset

2005:
www.flickr.com
Matthew Felix Sun's Paintings Completed in 2005 by Matthew Felix Sun on Flickr photoset Matthew Felix Sun's Paintings Completed in 2005 by Matthew Felix Sun on Flickr photoset


>> Video presentations of paintings and drawings, Part XXVIII: Video Presentation of Oil Painting "Black Woods"
<< Video presentations of paintings and drawings, Part XXVI: 2006-08 Recapitulations - Video Presentation of Paintings

List of Video Presentation of My Artworks

No comments:

Post a Comment