Monday, May 27, 2013

New Painting "Last Trip - A Dream" Completed

Last weekend, I completed an oil painting, titled "Last Trip - A Dream".  It was indeed based on a dream I had.

Several years ago, I had a chance encounter with an immaculately dressed old lady in my neighborhood and her exceptional good taste belied the time we lived in.  That was the start of our casual friendship and whenever I met her I always felt a sense of being granted a special access to a more elegant era, which had long ceased to exist.  Over the years, though she has getting frailer, she always declined any help I proposed to offer.  The last time I saw her, several weeks ago, she looked a bit down and somewhat less than perfectly careful with her look so I didn't have the heart to greet her, so as not to make her feel embarrassed.  It was perhaps silly on my part, but I think she'd appreciate it as my kindness.

Her frailty haunted me and in one of the following nights, I dreamed of her, lying on a large suitcase, dressed in black gossamer, readying for her last journey.  It was that dream inspired my painting below, though it was neither a literal description of the elegant lady, nor an accurate account of my dream.

Last Trip - A Dream / 最后的旅程 - 一个梦 / Letzte Reise - Ein Traum
Last Trip - A Dream
Oil on Canvas
22" x 28"
Completed in 2013



Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst
- Three Magazines to Publish My Works in April
- Ink Drawing "Traces" Completed
- My Recent Drawings
- First Painting Completed in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment