The magnitude of the unspeakable tragedy of the downing of the civilian Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 by a mission in the war-torn region of eastern Ukraine was hard to fathom and absolutely cannot be accepted in a civil global society. Everyone with righteous mind mourns the loss of near 300 people, on their way to return to their homes, to see their friends and families, to go to work, or to make holidays.
I was deeply touched by the tragedy and channeled my feeling into a gouache painting, commemorate this utterly senseless tragedy.
The Innocents - Dedicated to the victims of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Britten's War Requiem at San Francisco Symphony
- Humanity and War
- 25 Years Later, Smell of Exhausted Tian'anmen "Warriors" Lingered
- My Favorite Paintings at Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, Vienna
- "Boule de Suif" and "The Flowers of War" - on Sacrificing the Prostitutes for the "Greater Good"
- Art and Politics
- A Striking Film - "The White Ribbon"