Berkeley Art Museum / Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA) is about to close its facility at Bancroft Way due to earthquake safety concerns, before it relocates to its exciting new facility at Center and Oxford Streets, currently under construction.
The Bancroft Way building, over the years, has won my affection and it is very hard for me to bid farewell to this forbidding yet fascinating fortress, and I have visited it a couple times recently before its imminent closure on 22 December 2014. Here are some impressions of the Museum building, soon to become memories.
Space for Art
Engagement and Education
And finally here is the model of the highly anticipated new facility designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro, set to open in early 2016.
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Berkeley Art Museum Closed Its Bancroft Way Site
- BAM/PFA New Building Topping Out Celebration
- In Berkeley Art Museum, California
- Lovely Sight at Berkeley Art Museum (BAM)
- Casualty of the Economy - Berkeley Art Museum's new building by Toyo Ito
- Changes Exhibition Opened at Expressions Gallery, Berkeley
- Free Speech Movement 50th Anniversary (FSM 50) Rally at UC Berkeley
- California Memorial Stadium of UC Berkeley
- Waterfall in Berkeley