Thursday, January 28, 2016
After a length closure, UC Berkeley's Berkeley Art Museum / Pacific Film Archive finally will open in Downtown Berkeley their new home, designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro, replacing their 27-year-old seismic unsafe older building, a beloved brutalist structure designed by Mario Ciampi.
Here a some snapshots I took yesterday, just before it's opening to the public on 31 January, 2016.
Below are a few pictures of the museum and the preparation of the opening bash, taken a few nights ago, by local novelist, Steve Masover:, posted on his "One Finger Clicking" Tumblr blog:
The Grand Opening is coming soon. Be there!
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- BAM/PFA New Building Topping Out Celebration
- Farewell, Berkeley Art Museum (BAM) at Bancroft Way
- Berkeley Art Museum Closed Its Bancroft Way Site
- Casualty of the Economy - Berkeley Art Museum's new building by Toyo Ito
- Lovely Sight at Berkeley Art Museum (BAM)
- Getting Ready for Barry McGee at Berkeley Art Museum
- In Berkeley Art Museum, California
- Recent Exhibitions at Berkeley Art Museum
- Silke Otto-Knapp at Berkeley Art Museum