My first successful pastel painting, Typhoon, is an abstract piece inspired by devastating typhoons unfortunately have been creating ever-heavier havoc recently, due to the undeniable climate change. Exploring spatial relationships, subtle variations of tones and shifting of patterns, I tried to capture the something unpredictable and the menacing.
Typhoon / 颱風 / Taifun
Pastel on Paper
8.5” x 11”
Completed in 2015
This painting is currently being exhibited at Expressions Gallery in Berkeley, in a show aptly titled "Into the Future".
Originally posted on matthewfelixsun.com
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- My Featured Painting: Dichotomic "In Distant Country"
- Featured Painting "Progression"
- Featured Painting "Liberation Road"
- My Featured Work - Portrait Painting "Grandma"
- Featured Oil Painting “Father and Son”
- Featured Oil Painting "The Triumph of Saint George"
- Video Presentation of Oil Painting "Progression"