In September this year, my sister drove me to Panjin, Liaoning Province, from our home city Shenyang, to see the renown Red Reeds (Suaeda) Beach, where the alkali salt deposit made the suaeda grass amazingly red in the fall.
It took us almost three hours to arrive at the city of Panji - even before we entered the developed beach site, we saw clusters of more ordinary reeds - though ordinary, still a very unusual sight to me.
At the entrance, we were given two choices - the Beach itself was quite far away and one must either take cart or a bit more expensive boat to the site. Once we finished the tour, we would be driven back by the cart. We opted for more exotic boat ride.
Along the ride, we saw more of the reeds over the endless marsh:
After fifteen to twenty minutes boat ride, we approached a structure simulating an ancient palace or a temple, surrounded by almost scarlet or purple red reeds:
We got off the boat and via wooden pathways, ventured into the depth of the marsh and be completed surrounded by the maroon colored marsh:
We didn't tarry for too long - the sun started to set and we must return to the entrance before dark since the cart we were to ride on had no lights and the road was not exclusively used by the park. The sunset was glorious and we saw the final moment of the sunset during our ride back to the entrance:
It was an amazing trip!
Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Industrial Museum of China in Manchurian Shenyang
- Ziyan Lavender Manor Garden, Shenyang China
- Art in the Streets of Shenyang, China
- Liaoning (Proving) Museum in Shenyang
- Kitchen, Restaurant and Food Court in Shenyang, China
- Fruit Shop and Market in Shenyang, China
- Stores and Markets in Shenyang, China
- New Subway System in Shenyang, China
- Hospitals in Shenyang, China
- Shenyang, China ... continued
Label: Shenyang, Shenyang Trip 2013