An acclaimed Taiwanese artist, Hung Yi (洪易), is exhibiting his fanciful large-scaled sculptures in San Francisco Civic Center Plaza from April 19 to May 2, 2015. The exhibit includs 19 shining animals, painted with vivid colors and elaborate symbols, transformed the Plaza into a huge menagerie and the exhibition is aptly named as "Fancy Animal Carnival".
I saw it two weeks ago and had great time view these strange creatures. The exhibition was not very profound, perhaps, but engaging enough to warrant a visit to savor the whims of the artist.
Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- @Large: Ai Weiwei on Alcatraz
- Art Displays in San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Art in the Streets of San Francisco
- Orange Celebration in San Francisco Civic Center
- Rainbow Colored San Francisco War Memorial Opera House
- Three Heads, Six Arms (Nezha), Giant Bronze Scuplture at Civic Plaza, San Francisco