Wednesday, April 8, 2015
On March 21, I visited Kehilla Community Synagogue in Piedmont to see the art installation at the Sanctuary, by my friend, local artist Leah Korican.
Her feathery and iridescent installations were ethereal and suited to the sanctuary perfectly. I've seen her similar installations before, but seeing them in situ, my appreciation of their simplicity and complexity expanded greatly.
Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Il Ghetto di Venezia and Museo Ebraico (Jewish Museum) in Venice
- My Favorite Artifacts at Jüdisches (Jewish) Museum, Vienna
- Late Night of Jewish Museum in Vienna
- Recent Installation and Gouache Paintings
- Stringed White Dresses - The Process of a New Installation
- Blanton Museum of Art, The University of Texas at Austin
- Doug + Mike Starn on the Roof: Big Bambú at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City