Human history is sadly saturated with sorrow and suffering, a theme resonates strongly with me. In 2003, I made a diptych of oil paintings, titled "Sorrow and Suffering", to record the pain people suffered and will suffer at the hands of ruthless and/or reckless political leaders, when George W. Bush was brandishing his excuse to invade Iraq.
Sorrow and Suffering
Oil on Canvas
Completed in 2003
Since that fateful invasion, the unstable Mideast became ever more explosive and the human suffering ever escalated. Yesterday a series of concerted attacks on civilians in the great city Paris shocked and saddened the civilized world and this diptych expresses my feeling aptly.
Originally posted on my website: Featured Works.
Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- My Featured Work - Portrait Painting "Grandma"
- "Arabesque" and Other Paintings Inspired by Literature
- A Portrait - First Painting Completed in 2012 - Matthew Felix Sun
- "Sibyls" - Portraits of Old Women
- "Diptych - Dawn" Won Another Award - Matthew Felix Sun