Friday, May 20, 2011

Oil Painting "Liberation Road" on Video

A painting I completed last year, "Liberation Road" was based on a photo of my paternal great great grandmother, or great grandmother, I do not really know how to tell.  She was a veryelegant woman with a knowing look and that haunted me and caused me to wonder what had happened to her, to her descendants in the ensuring years - all the upheavals, wars, famine - human suffering of all kinds, culminated in the so-called revolution in the mid-twentieth century.  I made a short video (1:56) to present this painting very dear to my heart. 



Liberation Road / 解放路 / Befreiungstraße
Liberation Road
Oil on Canvas
18" x 24"
Completed in 2010

>> Video presentations of paintings and drawings, Part XXII: Video Presentation of Oil Painting "Dissonance"
<< Video presentations of paintings and drawings, Part XX: Video Presentation of My Abstract Paintings


List of Video Presentation of My Artworks

1 comment:

  1. People asked about the sound track of this video. The title, translated from Chinese, is "Song of the Volga Boatman". For longer version, view other YouTube videos - in Chinese or in Russian.

    ReplyDelete