Thursday, August 30, 2012

Another Award for a Drawing

In the era of social media and instant gratifications, it is often very lonely and despairing to be an artist or a writer.  Solitude, dedication, monkish life yet often yields no rewards.  Occasionally, a sort of recognition is like a shot in the arm and can propel an artist to renown his resolution.

Yesterday, I received such encouragement, or a kick, from the online art community/arbiter, ArtSlant.com - my recent colored ink drawing, was awarded its 5th 2012 Showcase Award.

5th-2012-ArtSlantShowcase-Award


Ink Drawing Night City 3 _ 8387 - 500
Ink Drawing Night City 3
Ink on Paper
Completed in 2012



So far, I have been recognized three times by this panel - two for my oil paintings (see image below).  Drawing really is a byproduct of my endeavor but it is gratifying to know that even so, my drawings do have some merits.

 My-ArtSlant-Award-Aug12

Now, I must work harder.


Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- "Diptych - Dawn" Won Another Award

- Editor's Choice Award for "The Song of Orpheus" - Artist Portfolio Magazine
- Editor's Award on Artist Portfolio Magazine, Published by My Art Contest
- One More Award from ArtSlant Showcase Competition
- Honorable Mentioned in A Juried Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment