Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Favorite Sculptures in les Jardins du Ranelag, Paris

On my way to Musée Marmottan Monet in the 16th arrondissement of western Paris, I encountered a lovely park, Les Jardins du Ranelagh, nearby, which obviously provided much pleasure to the residents nearby, and also boasted many amazing sculptures.

Of those, I found these two below most interesting.  The first one was a bronze, Hommage à Jean de La Fontaine (1983) by Charles Corréia (1945-1988).  The sculpture featured one of the most famous fables by Jean de La Fontaine, Le Corbeau et le Renard (The Fox and the Crow), depicting the cunning fox cheating the cheese out of the crow's mouth by flattery, observed by the poet.

IMG_8862 _ Hommage à Jean de La Fontaine (1983) by Charles Corréia (1945-1988), Jardins du Ranelag, Paris

IMG_8863 _ Hommage à Jean de La Fontaine (1983) by Charles Corréia (1945-1988), Jardins du Ranelag, Paris

IMG_8864 _ Hommage à Jean de La Fontaine (1983) by Charles Corréia (1945-1988), Jardins du Ranelag, Paris

The second of my favorite sculpture there was a marble, Pêcheur ramenant la tête d’Orphée dans ses filets (Fisherman bringing the head of Orpheus in his nets), the sad ending of the immortal Orpheus myth. The sculpture was dynamic, lively, powerful, elegant and melancholic.  Unforgettable.

IMG 8901 _ Pêcheur ramenant la tête d’Orphée dans ses filets (1883), Louis-Eugène Longepied (1849-1883), Marbre, Jardins du Ranelag, Paris

IMG 8902 _ Pêcheur ramenant la tête d’Orphée dans ses filets(1883), Louis-Eugène Longepied (1849-1883), Marbre, Jardins du Ranelag, Paris

IMG 8903 _ Pêcheur ramenant la tête d’Orphée dans ses filets (1883), Louis-Eugène Longepied (1849-1883), Marbre, Jardins du Ranelag, Paris IMG 8904 _ Pêcheur ramenant la tête d’Orphée dans ses filets (1883), Louis-Eugène Longepied (1849-1883), Marbre, Jardins du Ranelag, Paris


My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 71: My Favorite Artworks in La maison de Balzac, Paris
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 69: My Favorite Sculptures in Cimetière de Montmartre, Paris

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited


Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- My Favorite Sculptures at Cimetière du Père-Lachaise, Paris
- Grand Palais in Paris
- My Favorite Sculptures in Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris
- My Favorite Paintings at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Musée de Cluny - Musée national du Moyen Âge, Paris
- A Day at Palace of Fine Arts & Crissy Field in San Francisco
- The Song of Orpheus

No comments:

Post a Comment