Friday, March 30, 2012

"Paris and Three Goddesses" in Oil

A couple weeks ago, I posted my pastel drawing of Paris and Three Goddesses, together with the oil painting of "Helen of Troy", my small series of presenting familiar Greek tragedies in semi-abstract fashion.

Now, my oil version of this Paris is completed, which though has the same composition and color palette, but has definitely somewhat different finish - brighter, richer and more sensual, perhaps if I have done more of pastel, I could accomplish more with that medium:

Paris and Three Goddesses / 帕里斯和三位女神 / Paris und drei Göttinnen
Paris and Three Goddesses
Oil on Canvas
14" x 11"

Below is the Pastel version:

Paris and Three Goddesses / 帕里斯和三位女神 / Paris und drei Göttinnen
Paris and Three Goddesses
Pastel on Paper



Matthew Felix Sun's Paintings Completed in 2012 by Matthew Felix Sun photoset

2 comments:

  1. When I buy a new house, it seems to be with something more in it, after many minutes, I think about it--- discount oil paintings , my house then seems so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All paintings are hand-painted oil paintings .The quality of paint pigment is stable and the color is not easy to change, which is up to the international detection standard of environmentally friendly materials. We pursue high quality of the painting and precise control of the detail.

    ReplyDelete