Friday, March 30, 2012

"Paris and Three Goddesses" in Oil

A couple weeks ago, I posted my pastel drawing of Paris and Three Goddesses, together with the oil painting of "Helen of Troy", my small series of presenting familiar Greek tragedies in semi-abstract fashion.

Now, my oil version of this Paris is completed, which though has the same composition and color palette, but has definitely somewhat different finish - brighter, richer and more sensual, perhaps if I have done more of pastel, I could accomplish more with that medium:

Paris and Three Goddesses / 帕里斯和三位女神 / Paris und drei Göttinnen
Paris and Three Goddesses
Oil on Canvas
14" x 11"

Below is the Pastel version:

Paris and Three Goddesses / 帕里斯和三位女神 / Paris und drei Göttinnen
Paris and Three Goddesses
Pastel on Paper



Matthew Felix Sun's Paintings Completed in 2012 by Matthew Felix Sun photoset

1 comment:

  1. When I buy a new house, it seems to be with something more in it, after many minutes, I think about it--- discount oil paintings , my house then seems so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete