After Venice and Padua, our next stop was Bologna, during our October 2012 trip to Austria and Italy. Bologna was a lively and dynamic city, with a huge universities presence. Our hotel, Albergo delle Drapperie, was not far from the university and just off the center from its Dom, the central square of the city.
The best feature of our somewhat musty hotel was the wonderful window view, and I often admired the colorful market Via Marchesana down below, situated in the narrow alley:
The groceries were absolutely fresh and lovely and even cloves of garlic were more energetic than usual.
There were shops sold famed tortellini and those mouth-watering pies, cheese and cured meat.
The market and those shops were just terrific!
Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Mercati (Markets) in Venezia (Venice)
- Visiting Four Universities in Austria and Italy
- A Guest Blog - "Amateur food porn from Austria and Italy"
- Fruit Shop and Market in Shenyang, China
- Stores and Markets in Shenyang, China
- More Animals in Shenyang, China
Label: Italy, Austria and Italy Trip 2012