Sunday, January 4, 2015

Book Review "Kristin Lavransdatter" by Sigrid Undset

Kristin Lavransdatter (Kristin Lavransdatter, #1-3)Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The main characters were so stubborn that I wanted to pick up the thick volume to beat on their thick heads; yet, the stories took place in medieval Norway were quite compelling and some of the secondary characters were quite amazing and warmhearted that they counterbalanced the rather selfish main characters, therefore, rendered the sprawling book quite readable.

I've never encountered a book that I disliked the characters so much, yet I rated the book rather highly, due to the sharp observations, the measured way of storytelling and the purity of the language.

Highly recommended though I'm giving my copy away.

View all my reviews

Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Ashamed of Oneself - Reading Book "Never Let Me Go"
- Literature Inspired Paintings
- "Arabesque" and Other Paintings Inspired by Literature
- Devastating Novel "The Land of Green Plums" by Herta Müller
- Review of "The Stranger's Child" by Alan Hollinghurst
- Molotov's Magic Lantern: A Journey In Russian Histoy by Rachel Polonsky and Some Journeys of My Own

 

No comments:

Post a Comment