Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A New Installation - Chairs Installation, November 2012

Recently, I completed one of my long-planned installation project - Chairs Installation, November 2012.  I folded origami chairs, using glossy musical performance programs and hung them on branches I collected, or attached them to a metal mesh directly.  The branches also were also hung on the metal mesh, which was in turn framed by wood poles for structural stability.  The completed piece then was hung on the ceiling and it was in this position the installation was photographed and videotaped. 

I think this installation was quite beautiful to behold and it had an understated melancholy and a sense of time being suspended.  Breathed a sigh of relief.

Installation - Chairs, November 2012 - Vertical, 3.5 seconds - 500

Installation - Chairs, November 2012 - Horizontal 3.5 seconds - 500




Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst
- Congregation - My New Art Installation
- Making Art With Mother in China
- Paper Boats, Chairs Installations and More
- Paper Boat Installations


Label: My Installation 

No comments:

Post a Comment