Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cats in Shenyang, China

When I grew up in China, pets were extremely rare, if it was not fish or birds.  When I was in high school, I visited a friend's home and I declared that he was weird because his home had a cat.

That was how I grew up, absolutely without contact with dogs and cats.

After I've lived in the US for many years, I discovered my great love for cats.

In May, when I visited my parents in Manchurian city Shenyang, I was delighted to see cats.  At the beginning a lone cat from the window, then more near an artificial creek in the huge gated compound and then numerous feral cats in the evening during the daily feeding time.  It was a visual feast for me.

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9103
A lone cat hunting, seen from 6th floor window

Below are the pictures I took when I had my morning stroll one day near the creek:

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9933

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 
9932

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9936

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9941

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9935

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9940

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9945

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9946

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0259



And finally, the night before I returned, I took another walk with my mother and we saw the amazing feeding frenzy - according to the women who fed the cats, there were near hundred feral cats they fed together.  Some of them were shy and some more assertive.  All quite healthy looking and beautiful.  Very sweet.

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9931

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 9925

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0135

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0165

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0124

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0155

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0157

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0168

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0143

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0145

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0151

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0147

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0136

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0183

Cats in Shenyang, China _ 0167



Label: Shenyang, Shenyang Trip 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment