Saturday, October 3, 2015

My Favorite Artifacts in Il Ghetto and Museo Ebraico (Jewish Museum) in Venice


DSCN2044 _ Ghetto Vecchio, Venezia, 14 October

Il Ghetto and Museo Ebraico (The Ghetto and Jewish Museum) in Venice were poignant places to visit and unsurprisingly, one of my favorite artifacts there was a series of reliefs mounted on the wall of the huge courtyard, depicting momentous experiences of the Jewish people: 

DSCN2050 _ Il Ghetto di Venezia

Another favorite of mine was an ancient map/landscape of a walled city (Jerusalem?) housed inside the museum. I was struck by the harmoniously interwoven pleasing blue and green tones throughout the lovely piece, and the stylized presentation of a city and its surrounding countryside.

DSCN2058 _ Museo Ebraico, Venezia, 14 October

My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 106: My Favorite Artworks at Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venezia (Venice)
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 104: My Favorite Paintings in Scuola Grande di San Rocco, Venice

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited

Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Il Ghetto di Venezia and Museo Ebraico (Jewish Museum) in Venice
- My Favorite Artifacts at Jüdisches (Jewish) Museum, Vienna
- Late Night of Jewish Museum in Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment