Thursday, May 26, 2016

My Favorite Artworks at Duomo, Padova (Padua), Italy

The Duomo in Padova (Padua), Italy, was a solemn and imposing mass, well prepared visitors for a moving niche showcasing a glowing painting of Madonna and the Child, done in a typical Renaissance manner.  The bright red background of the painting, contrasting strongly the dark contour of the figures, practically glowed.

DSCN0986 _ Duomo, Padova, 12 October

The interior actually was mostly airy, such as this wonderful chapel featuring a marble sculptural shrine, all in pale colors save its base — a burial chamber, hosting the relic or remain of perhaps a certain bishop, which glowed with red and gold.  Strange and unforgettable.

 DSCN0990 _ Duomo, Padova, 12 October

My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 115: To be continued
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 113: My Favorite Paintings at Battistero, Padova (Padua), Italy

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited

Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Famed Palaces and Houses (Ca') in Venice
- Two Museums in Venice - Gallerie dell'Accademia & Collezione Peggy Guggenheim
- Magical Piazza San Marco in Venice
- Castello Estense, Palazzo Municipale and Duomo in Ferrara
- My Favorite Sculptures at Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Florence)
- Vasari Frescoes and Michelangeo Sculpture - My Favorite Works at Palazzo Vecchio, Firenz

No comments:

Post a Comment