Monday, July 18, 2016

My Favorite Monuments at Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio, Bologna


DSCN4385 _ Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio

Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio (The Palace of Archeology) in Bologna is a fantastical enclosed palatial building, whose corridors are adorned with numerous decorative emblems, all of them can be viewed as relief sculptures.

DSCN4558 _ Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio

My favorite was a monument of a tower wrapped by a snake and topped by a huge cross. I didn't like stare at that animal and couldn't decipher the exact meaning of the symbol, other than it resembled a reverse caduceus; but it stood out in the pack.

DSCN4414 _ Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio

My second favorite was a dark stele flanked by two semi-nude females at the base, and furthered augmented by some colorful small coats of arms in formation, and as a whole, they resembled fancy peahens.

DSCN4392 _ Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio


My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 120: My Favorite Artworks at Basilica Santuario Santo Stefano, Bologna
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 118: My Favorite Paintings at Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna, Italy

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited

Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Il palazzo dell'Archiginnasio, Bologna
- Two Museums in Venice - Gallerie dell'Accademia & Collezione Peggy Guggenheim
- Vasari Frescoes and Michelangeo Sculpture - My Favorite Works at Palazzo Vecchio, Firenz
- My Favorite Artworks at Palazzo della Ragione, Padova (Padua), Italy
- My Favorite Altar and Fresco at Barmherzigenkirche, Graz
- My Favorite Frescos at Cappella degli Scrovegni in Padova (Padua)
- My Favorite Paintings in Palazzo Pubblico, Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment