Thursday, November 25, 2010

Video Presentation of Still Life Paintings

Continuing my effort to present my paintings and drawings in a "curated" way, I made another video of my still life paintings.

As a painter, still life as a genre does not hold my attention as portrait or landscape paintings, simply because I feel that I can express my thoughts and emotions better through other subject matters. But I do esteem this genre as much and time to time I did feel compelling reasons to try my hands in this field.

I did not aim to recreate life like a photographer, rather, my paintings have always try to interpret what I saw. My still life drawings are much more "faithful" because they are mostly studies of real life and less personal statements.



Happy Thanksgiving!

>> Video presentations of paintings and drawings, Part XIV: My Theatrical Paintings on Video
<< Video presentations of paintings and drawings, Part XII: Orientation of Paintings


List of Video Presentation of My Artworks

No comments:

Post a Comment