Monday, September 12, 2016

My Favorite Sculptures at Dazu Rock Carvings Grottoes, Chongqing, China

Dazu Rock Carvings Grottoes near Chongqing, China have wonderful Buddhist and Taoist sculptures and carvings dating back as far as the 7th century AD.

There were many fantastic sculptures and my favorite one was a Buddha with a fanciful flying wings atop his crown, which instantly softened and humanized the rather austere and upright Buddha.

Dazu Rock Carvings Grottoes in Chongqing _ IMG_4282

My second favorite sculpture was a "Circle of Life", which featured many animals and phases of life, a wonderful illustration of the concept of reincarnation.

Bao Ding Mountain Circle of Life., Dazu Rock Carvings Grottoes in Chongqing _ IMG_4276


My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 132: My Favorite Sculptural Artifacts in Sanxingdui, Guanghan, Deyang, Sichuan, China

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited

Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Ruins in Sanxingdui (Three-Star Mound) and Jinsha (Gold Sands), Sichuan, China
- Treasure in Liaoning Museum, Shenyang, China
- Art Gallery of Luxun Art Academy in Shenyang, China
- Visiting Four Universities in Austria and Italy
- Sunflower Seeds by Ai Weiwei at Tate Modern, London
- My Favorite Sculptures at Institut für Klassische Archäologie, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
- My Favorite Sculptures at Musei Civici degli Eremitani, Padova (Padua)

No comments:

Post a Comment