Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Favoritate Bronze Artifacts at Shaanxi History Museum, Xi'an, China

Shaanxi History Museum in Xi'an, China had many ancient artifacts due to the fact that it lies in the cradle of Chinese Yellow River civilization.

My favorites there were not very flashy. I liked a shallow basin very much, for the unusual shape, the beautiful interplay of the green bronze and the red rust, and above all, the fine inscription in the middle of the basin - eight characters in the ancient style and hardly legible for a person like me without special training.

Shaanxi History Museum, Xi'an, China _ IMG_5520_mod

My second favorite was one bronze flask (right), for its peculiar shape, the intricate bands of decorations on the belly, the ornate handle, and the top in the shape of a bird's head. 

Shaanxi History Museum, Xi'an, China _ IMG_5584_mod


My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 136: My Favorite Calligraphy and Monument at Great Mosque of Xi'an, China
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 134: My Favorite Sculptures at Terracotta Army Site, Xi'an

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited

Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Last Chance to See Terracotta Warriors in San Francisco Asian Art Museum
- Ruins in Sanxingdui (Three-Star Mound) and Jinsha (Gold Sands), Sichuan, China
- Treasure in Liaoning Museum, Shenyang, China
- Art Gallery of Luxun Art Academy in Shenyang, China
- Visiting Four Universities in Austria and Italy
- Sunflower Seeds by Ai Weiwei at Tate Modern, London
- My Favorite Sculptures at Institut für Klassische Archäologie, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
- My Favorite Sculptures at Musei Civici degli Eremitani, Padova (Padua)

No comments:

Post a Comment