Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chinese Painter SONG Yügui 宋雨桂

I did not get good education on how to appreciate Chinese paintings, therefore, I am more inclined to visit oil painting galleries than those showcasing Chinese traditional paintings. However, I am very interested on one modern Chinese master - SONG Yügui 宋雨桂. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he and my father worked in the same office - Culture and Art Creation Office of Liaoning Province in the 1970s. It was a shame that I didn't learn to appreciate his art till much later and declined his offer to be my teacher. Thanks to the internet, though I won't be able to attend Christie's auctions, I can still appreciate his art now.

Spring Mountain, Song Yügui, 90 x 88 cm
Spring Mountain, Song Yügui, 90 x 88 cm

Pear Flower Brook, SONG Yügui, 53 x 45 cm
Pear Flower Brook, SONG Yügui, 53 x 45 cm

Lotus, Song Yügui, 77 x 52 cm
Lotus, Song Yügui, 77 x 52 cm

Spirit of Plum, Song Yügui, 143 x 74 cm
Spirit of Plum, Song Yügui, 143 x 74 cm

Panorama, Song Yügui, 68 in x 163 in
Panorama, Song Yügui, 68 in x 163 in

No comments:

Post a Comment